Quality Project Based Learning - Two-day Workshop July 17, 18
With guidance and resources, you plan high quality project based learning. Your students will be intrinsically motivated, experience inquiry, voice and choice, gain agency, and progress with academic standards and success proficiencies.
The workshop is interactive including collaboration and planning time. With concrete examples and using multiple resources such as hands-on activities, Planning Guide, video of challenge-solving projects, and other online and hard copy materials, you learn how high quality project based learning is organized and plan a unit for your students.
• Learn high quality project based learning's features
• Identify a real-life challenge your learners will work to solve
• Outline your students' products
• Learn about student presentation formats
• Identify academic standards and one or more success proficiencies the unit forwards
• Plan assessments and scaffolds for academic standards
and success proficiencies
• Learn implementation steps of project based learning-in-action
• Plan a hook to pique your students’ interest
• Leave with detailed outline of your unit
Our workshop is at Viles Arboretum, Augusta, Maine. At the end of our sessions or during your lunch breaks you are welcome to enjoy a walk on one of the nature trails.
Augusta, Maine can be reached by Concord Bus or CapeAir which connects to JetBlue Airlines.
Registration Fee: $80.
To register or questions contact:
Lee Anna Stirling